Monday, February 16, 2009

Horse Sale weekend!

Well, the local horse sale was this past weekend. Know how I could tell??? My saddle-buying friend has posted several horses on Craigslist....I thought I would share a few:

GREAT PALOMINO GELDING THE BEST 3YR - $600
Reply to:
Date: 2009-02-16, 11:39AM EST

HE IS A WONDERFUL HORSE YOU CAN DO ANYTHING WITH HIM. WOULD BE A GOOD HORSE FOR ANYONE AND HES 14 AND STILL GROWING QUARTER HORSE. BEST 3YR OLD I SEEN IN LONG TIME xxx-xxx-xxxx




This horse doesn't look 3, especially in this last picture. This guy has the blonde chick sitting on several horses in his "for sale" posts. Looks like she's scared to death and has probably never ridden before. Look at her hunched shoulders and her foot completely all the way through the stirrup, not to mention her boots! Look at those heels! The saddle on the first picture is horrible. Look at the bent of skirt! It shouldn't be on a horse! He probably bought it for 50 bucks at the sale, or either it came free with the horse he purchased for maybe 200 bucks and is now selling, 2 days later, for 600. His description is always in CAPS and he never uses punctuation which drives me nuts!


Here's another:

GREAT SADDLE HORSE LOOK AT HIM - $600
Reply to: [?]Date: 2009-02-16, 11:34AM EST

THIS IS A GREAT HORSE ANYONE CAN RIDE HE IS 4YR OLD AND WILL BE A GOOD HORSE FOR ANYONE .HE 15 HANDS AND LOOKS GOOD xxx-xxx-xxxx


There's our blonde friend again, holding on the the horn just a tight as she is this poor guys mouth. And our horse trader, happily galloping along with a dog nipping at the horse's heels. Cringe...


And for my last Craigslist post, this one was NOT posted by my saddle-buying horse trader friend but rather some genius who decided it would be a good idea to tie this baby to a tractor implement! *Shakes head*

Note: I have sent this post to Fugly horse of the day....because she obviously gets a lot more traffic than I do!! lol

Tennessee Walking Geilding - $200 (Blaine)
Reply to:
[?]Date: 2009-02-13, 8:05PM EST
Yearling. Very Gentle. Leads and Loads. Black and Naturally Gaited. Very good show prospect or pleasure horse. xxx-xxx-xxxx



















1 comment:

  1. Wow. Just wow. I wonder if that guy actually manages to sell any of these horses. If so, it's to people who feel sorry for them or who don't know any better than he does.

    And that poor horse tied to a tractor? It makes me cringe. And want to go give whoever did it a major piece of mind. And I'm not usually like that.

    Seeing things like this make me feel like I'm doing a really good thing giving the one horse I can afford a good home. He takes up a lot of my time and money, but it is worth it to make sure one more horse is cared for properly.

    ReplyDelete