Saturday, February 7, 2009

Boarder thinks I'm Torturing her horse

It was beautiful here in East Tennessee today! Temp was around 60 degrees but the wind was blowing pretty good so you still needed a jacket. Steven and I were hoping to get a ride in. After the morning feeding, I noticed that Ronan had pulled his right shoe....again. Called T, our farrier, and he can't make it out until Monday. So much for a weekend ride....I might just suck it up and find my Easyboots.

We went to the Co-op to buy some shavings and grain. When we got back, we decided to turn the horses out into the big pasture on the side of our house that isn't used for grazing. We led two horses out and the two others followed. Once we let the two out, the third followed but the forth couldn't find the gate. We were in a small paddock that leads to a bigger paddock trying to herd him out of the gate while he's frantically running about screaming at his buddies who were already enjoying the lush grass. I finally just try to catch him to lead him out of the gate when his owner pulls up. I'm say, "Perfect! She's going to think we are torturing her horse!" I finally catch him and turn him out, and he canters off to be with his friends. We walk down the the driveway gate to meet our boarder. I tell her that he couldn't find the gate to get out with everyone and she says, "Oh, I thought you were just running him." Great! She does think we were torturing her horse! I explain what happen and she seems satisfied. Ugh, crazy horse. I guess we will have to lead all four out of the gate since he can't seem to find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment