Monday, February 9, 2009

Does your state have a Horse Council?

The Alabama Horse Council proved to be very useful when I lived in Alabama. When I moved to Tennessee, one of the first places I looked when trying to find information on the horse industry here was the Tennessee Horse Council. However, I soon found out that the TN Horse Council had been temporarily closed because "the council ran out of money and was lacking in active members," according to the past president in an article here. If you go to their site, www.tnhorsecouncil.com, you will find that it is being "parked free" courtesy of godaddy.com....which means the owners of the domain name do not have a site uploaded.

I don't know the entire story of what happened to the original Tn horse council but I would imagine it could and should be a valuable tool for anyone interested in obtaining more information about the Tennessee horse industry.

So my question is....Does your state have a Horse Council that is affiliated with the American Horse Council, and if so, do you regularly visit their website? Or have you used their website to obtain useful information regarding your state's horse industry? Please tell me your thoughts on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment