Wednesday, September 30, 2009

So, I figured since I've been on hold with the Tennessee Unemployment office for the past 20 minutes, I might as well sign in and post on my blog! The unemployment call center really needs to hire some additional people to decrease this hold time....I mean, it's not like they don't have plenty of people to choose from.. I'm still working 1 day per week at my previous job but I am still qualified for benefits, as long as I am not making more than my weekly benefit from the unemployment insurance.

Just got off the phone, finally. My call log says I was on the phone 1 hour and 1 minutes. WOW! I haven't been on the phone that long since I was in college! I really hope the economy turns around soon. I know the job market will take a while to recover but there are so many people without work. Something needs to change soon. Speaking of change, where's all the good changes Obama promised? I haven't seen anything. But I wasn't really expecting it, that's why I didn't vote for him. Something's gotta give. Have you heard that song by Sugarland? I love it. One of my favorite bands. Jennifer Nettles voice is so distinctive, beautiful, and strong.

I'm just skipping along from topic to topic in this post, huh?

Man, Fall is ALL around me! This weather in East TN the past couple of days is marvelous! Highs barely getting into the 70s and lows dipping into the mid 40s. Heaven, I tell ya! I can see signs that Fall is just around the corner in the leaves too! Many are starting to change. The horses are starting to get a little fuzzy too. I'm going to go groom and saddle the horses so when Steven gets home from work, we can go on a ride together. We haven't ridden in so long. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment