Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Buffet from Goodwill

I've really been slacking! And you'd think I would have plenty of time to post on my blog since I've been completely unemployed since the middle of November. We had snow a couple of days ago and it was beautiful. I'll post pictures. I've taken lots of pictures over the past couple of months that I planned on putting up here but haven't gotten around to yet.


I found an awesome deal at Goodwill the other day. I went in and saw this buffet under a pile of stuff. It was beautiful and I couldn't believe someone had not picked it up yet. The price tag said $65. The next weekend was a 50% off storewide sale so I returned on Saturday to buy it. To my surprise, it was STILL there! I bought it for 35 bucks and was thrilled.

I stopped by Lowe's on the way home to purchase a piece of trim to replace two pieces that were broken off.
When I got home, I sanded it down. Then I mixed flat black paint with a glaze. I painted the buffet with this mixture and wiped off some of the glaze, leaving the color in the creases and on the edges of the wood. Next, I applied a paint-on polyureathane. Once it dried, I noticed the finish had bubbles in it. I lightly sanded it again and applied a finishing wax. Here is the final results!


No comments:

Post a Comment