Thursday, January 14, 2010

The weather is finally warming up and I've ventured out of the house briefly today. Only to feed the ponies and pull off the little hoop tents we built in the garden so the plants could get some nice sunshine. Our red lettuce is doing really well but the broccoli looks a little wilted by the cold. The snow is finally melting and the ground is mushy and wet.

Steven and I have been on a big organic kick lately. Watch Food, Inc., you will be too! That movie opened my eyes and made me aware of what I was eating. I've been overweight for awhile now and I've never really thought about what I was eating. It was whatever was convenient and tasty. And that is definitely a recipe for disaster. So, by watching what we put in our mouths, I've lost 5 lbs and Steven's lost 20. He did start 2 weeks before I did. We have a new litter of kittens. (UGH) Bella got out before we were able to get her spayed. We missed the date for the cheaper humane society program that has spays and rabies shots for 50 bucks so we were saving to take her to a regular vet since that would cost upwards of 200-300 bucks. (because they require all kinds of tests and vaccines) So we were saving and then Mulligan, our Dachshund got sick. 400 dollars later, we were not able to get her spayed. So, on Christmas Day, 5 little fluffy kittens were born. One is black and white and looks just like her daddy. We named her Noel. The other 4 are all dark grey. Hopefully we will be able to find good homes for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment