Monday, July 27, 2009

Poor Kitties

We are down to 3 kittens. Unfortunately, Mulligan managed to get in their room and thought they were squeeky toys. He killed one right off the bat and the other two didn't pass until later. It was so sad and I felt so guilty for not making SURE he couldn't get in there. We allowed him to come in with us a couple of times so we could teach him to be gentle with them. He did great when we were there. I think he just tried to pick them up and crushed them. We are left with the light grey male, 1 black male (runt), and 1 black female. So so sad!

I think I forgot to add last post that Lily, the coonhound, killed our last chicken too. She kept flying over into her pen and finally, I guess she couldn't get away fast enough. We are looking for a new home for Lily. She also chewed through the satellite cord and we were without satellite for a week! Ugh!

Ponies are behaving though!

On a lighter note, Steven and I made some progress in the kitchen. I finished painting the cabinets and he put up the bottom doors. It looks so good! I can't wait to see before and after pics when it's all finished!

Steven's family is coming into town this week. I'm so excited! Hopefully, the rain will hold off and we can get some play time in! The forecast doesn't look great though. At least 30-40% chance of rain with two days having a 60% chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment