Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Crazy weekend

Wow, this past weekend and first part of this week has been a little crazy! On Friday when Steven and I got home, we couldn't find our cat. The cat was named Barack and he lived in our barn for the past year at our old place. The mom of our past boarder told me he was male and quite frankly, I never bothered to look. I also figured since he was male we would have a little more "time" until we had to get him neutered. Well, my friends M and E came over to help me pack up the horses for the move and picked up Barack and said, "I think he's pregnant!"......What?? ...........Well, sure enough Barack is not male but female and has been renamed to Michelle. She has gone from a barn kitty to an inside kitty and is loving life. Back to Friday, Steven and I couldn't find her so we started looking in the guest bedroom that isn't finished yet (by isn't finished I mean only has one coat of paint on the wall and the floors are still covered up, etc.) There she was, behind the blow-up mattress we still haven't taken down from when my parents were here. She looked at me and meowed a couple of times and I told Steven that she would probably have her kittens that night or the next for sure so I put down a towel. Sure enough, we went to Lowe's, our second favorite store only falling short to tractor supply, and by the time we got back, we had 3 baby kittens! We sat around and watched the next 2 births and by the next morning, we had 6. Poor momma, she did so well though! I don't think she got up for the first two days but now is finally taking breaks by coming and napping on the couch for awhile. She's a great mom too. We have 3 greys and 3 blacks, 3 girls and 3 boys, all long hair like momma I believe. Anyone want a barn kitty? I will try to get pics soon!

On Saturday, we finished the chicken pen and put up gates for the dogs so we could let the coonhound Lily off the run and just let her have the whole back yard.

Sunday, friends M and E came over to ride a little. E did well on Ronan and I gave her a short lesson. Afterwards, steven and I decided to ride out on top of the hill behind our house. We already knew that there was a pretty good view from up there but we had no idea how good! It is absolutely beautiful. You can see mountain ranges west and north from the hill and you can see for miles and miles and miles! I didn't think to bring my camera since it was a last minute horseback ride up the mountain. We continued on along the fence line and down to the bottom of the hill by a small watering hole. Ronan and Twiggs both did really well considering they haven't been ridden in awhile and it was the first time either one had been out of their pasture at the new place. I can't wait to go back up there, it's so pretty!

Monday, Steven and I had a pretty good scare. I got a text message from our landlord that read, "Apparently, one of your horses has jumped the fence." I couldn't get her to answer her phone to get more info so Steven left work and came to pick me up (we commute together) and we drove out to the house. (45 min drive) Turns out, Twiggs (surprising because we were sure it was the knucklehead) had, I think, walked through the hot wire fence because it wasn't hot. We put her back in and stopped by the co-op to get a charger on the way back to work. Thankfully, she did not get out again before we were able to get the fence charged.

Tonight, I'm going to my former supervisor's house to go over some issue I have at work so she can explain some stuff to me. Steven is going with and J, her husband, is cooking burgers and taking him fishing. I hope the rain holds off!

No comments:

Post a Comment