Friday, May 1, 2009

One of my boarders is moving her horse tomorrow. They have been with us since September 08 I believe. OTTB, used as a lesson horse for hunter / jumper I believe. Our boarder bought him and from what I assume, hasn't done much with him. I never saw her ride him the entire time he was with us and she only came out ever so often to give him a treat. I groomed him the other day because his winter coat was still hanging on him but barely attached. He twitched his lip and leaned into me as I curried my way around him. He's such a sweet boy. I can tell he's testy but respectful if you will be his leader. His owner leads him around with a stud chain on his nose. All I need is a rope halter....Once he respects you, he'll do anything for you. I'm sure he was a wonderful horse in his prime....sadly, he still should be in it...he's only 14. We have steadily put more weight on him and he's finally looking good. Now, I'm afraid the owner will move him to a "cheaper" place and he won't get the highest quality nutrition like he's getting here. I think the best possibility for him would be to find a young experienced little girl who works with a trainer regularly. But, I'm afraid he's just going to live in a pasture with little human contact and no job for the rest of his life. It's sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment